Dear Mom and Dad,
We have been in a trench for several weeks. It is very difficult and painful. The enemies are attacking us day after day with gun fire and new technology and is killing lots of my fellows. It is muddy in these trenches and smells bad. Several army sarges and officers have lost their lives and they started decomposing and rats and bugs started entering the trench warfare. You cant know how the odor is killing me and the food is really bad, mom, I miss your famous pudding. It is very difficult and the noise of the artillery irks my ears and all the dust in my eyes. I cant support it I want to go back home.
Last week i've been shot by a german in the left leg and the bullet touched my bone, you cant imagine the pain but thankfully there was our doctor with us who helped me. I need to stay awake at night guarding the enemy lines and seeing if anyone crosses the barbed wire. Yesterday I shot one in the head. My sergent always says I am very good and I will be promoted to a higher pay grade, but I cant support this. People are dieying day after day and the smell is killing me, of dead people and you cant even think about the sanitary cionditioons. People do their buisness all around the place and it is very discusting. Mortars and grenades are thrown all over the place and machine guns are constantly shooting and heat up. Air raids all day long which bomb the enemy causing death. I am afraid and this is getting too much for me, I cant support this anymore. I miss you and please reply.
Sincerely your beloved,
Micheal Darnet
P.S: This may be the last letter you get from me, the enemies are approaching our lines...
As you can see on this picture, this is me, guarding the trench warfare and keeping away the enemy with my rifle.
Image Source
We have been in a trench for several weeks. It is very difficult and painful. The enemies are attacking us day after day with gun fire and new technology and is killing lots of my fellows. It is muddy in these trenches and smells bad. Several army sarges and officers have lost their lives and they started decomposing and rats and bugs started entering the trench warfare. You cant know how the odor is killing me and the food is really bad, mom, I miss your famous pudding. It is very difficult and the noise of the artillery irks my ears and all the dust in my eyes. I cant support it I want to go back home.
Last week i've been shot by a german in the left leg and the bullet touched my bone, you cant imagine the pain but thankfully there was our doctor with us who helped me. I need to stay awake at night guarding the enemy lines and seeing if anyone crosses the barbed wire. Yesterday I shot one in the head. My sergent always says I am very good and I will be promoted to a higher pay grade, but I cant support this. People are dieying day after day and the smell is killing me, of dead people and you cant even think about the sanitary cionditioons. People do their buisness all around the place and it is very discusting. Mortars and grenades are thrown all over the place and machine guns are constantly shooting and heat up. Air raids all day long which bomb the enemy causing death. I am afraid and this is getting too much for me, I cant support this anymore. I miss you and please reply.
Sincerely your beloved,
Micheal Darnet
P.S: This may be the last letter you get from me, the enemies are approaching our lines...
As you can see on this picture, this is me, guarding the trench warfare and keeping away the enemy with my rifle.Image Source


Post a Comment